Hi, my name is Tom Perry.
I’m an Aussie vegan who is passionate about helping people who want to become or try being vegan, or who are new vegans struggling to cope with changes to their lifestyle and diet.
After going vegetarian in 1982, then later vegan way back in 1983, I focused on campaigning for animal rights. Then in 1989 with a couple of friends I produced my first pro-veg designs under the name ‘Animal Free Promotions’, which included a range of t-shirts, bags, badges and fridge-magnets. In the early 2000’s I sold another range of t-shirts and other products online under the name ‘Vegecentric’.
I know what it is like to have trouble finding a wide range of tasty vegan foods that are nutritionally sound, and to address health issues with an ethical plant-based lifestyle. I know that becoming, or being vegan can be challenging, even with the range of foods available today, and, at times, socially isolating; particularly when you’re surrounded by people who don’t seem to know or care about the compelling health, animal welfare and environmental reasons for being vegan.
I always thought that a healthy, ethical plant-based vegan lifestyle should be made easier and more convenient. I believe that it’s not enough to tell people why they should make a change. You should also help by showing them how to make that change, in a way that suits them!
Sign up for my free Newsletter and Get Your SWAP Diet Checklist
If you’re newly vegan, or vegetarian, or an omnivore interested in learning about all the benefits of a plant-based vegan lifestyle, I am here to help. I invite you to read my blog, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on social media, including: Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
If you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll get unique articles, recipes, news and information that I don’t share on my website, as well as links to my latest content – straight to your inbox. I’ll also send you a free copy of the SWAP Diet Checklist:
- SWAP Diet Checklist features my top 12 healthy vegan food swaps
- Links to recipes, information and products to help you live a plant-based lifestyle
- Ideas for choosing healthy vegan options for convenience foods and when eating out
Lose Weight without Counting Calories on a Plant-Based Diet
A nutrient-dense low-calorie or low-energy diet is easy and inexpensive to follow. No pre-prepared meals, protein shakes, or fancy ingredients or supplements required!
- Explains the difference between calorie restriction and calorie density
- Focuses on the calorie density approach to health and weight-loss
- Lists the 7 ways that whole plant foods help you lose weight without counting calories
- Provides a simple formula for calculating energy density for everyday foods
- Gives you a total of 15 simple, actionable tips for following a low-energy-density / high-nutrient diet to help you reach your weight loss and health goals.